BRP Launches New Sea-Doo Sport Boats
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP) is expanding its sport boat line up by launching the 2007 Sea-Doo® 230 Challenger* and 230 WAKE models. These 23-foot (7m) Sea-Doo sport boats, the largest craft ever offered by BRP, deliver trend-setting designs, spirited performance and meaningful innovations to the mid-size runabout category.
The new Sea-Doo 230 series offers more performance, versatility and sociability, thanks to the unique design of the platform, a new innovative retractable windshield option, a patent-pending fold and stow cockpit door, room for twelve passengers and a choice of 310 hp or 430 hp Rotax® 4-TEC® marine engine packages.
"The new Sea-Doo 230 sport boat platform takes BRP to a new level in the traditional boating arena," commented Yves Leduc, vice-president and general manager for Snowmobiles, Watercraft, ATVs and Sport boats at BRP. "The 2007 Sea-Doo 230 Challenger and 230 WAKE have been designed to deliver everything a boater expects or needs when spending a day on the water.and more."
Also available in 2007
· BRP leads the way in the boating industry's fastest growing segment with two sport boats specifically designed and equipped for wake sports - the 20 foot Speedster® WAKE and allnew 230 WAKE. Both include an unmatched list of standard equipment including cockpitcontrolled ballast system, PerfectPass† Wakeboard Pro speed control, wakeboard tower with board racks and speakers, and high-performance Clarion‡ stereo system. With either 310 hp or 430 hp marine engine packages, the WAKE boats are ready to start shredding water right off the showroom floor.
· In addition to the new 230 Challenger, BRP offers the value-minded 180 Challenger - an 18 foot (5.4 m) sport boat with the deck space of many 20 foot (6 m) boats. It is equipped with a full glass windshield, and powered by a 215 hp marine engine. Both models will also be available as a SE models with additional convenience features.
· For boaters craving adrenaline rushes, the 150 and 200 Speedster high-performance models offer precise handling, sleek lines and awesome, unheard of power-to-weight ratios. The 150 Speedster model comes equipped with a 155 hp or 215 hp supercharged, intercooled marine engine and the 200 Speedster is available with either a 310 hp or incredible 430 hp supercharged, intercooled package.
· The 2007 205 Utopia luxury performance models feature classic styling in an open-bow design combined with the modern power of a 310 hp marine engine package.
· The 22-foot (6.7 m) Islandia SE sport boat blends all the amenities of a first-class deck boat with the high-performance of a 310 hp engine package.
All Sea-Doo sport boats feature an advanced propulsion system that provides faster planing, less bow rise, quicker turns and lightning quick acceleration. The Rotax 4-TEC engine packages feature a unique closed loop-cooling system for reliable performance, less corrosion and maintenance worries. The 310 hp package has a three-star California Air Resources Board (CARB) certification for ultra low emissions.
"BRP is one of the world's largest boat builders in the runabout category," said Michel Hade, vice-president International Sales and Marketing at BRP. "With the 2007 line, and specifically the all-new 230 series, Sea-Doo sport boats will expand BRP's reach into the boating market by bringing new useful technology and raising the performance standards."